Thursday 28 June 2012

I'm just a girl...


Everytime I open this writing program, the question is what am I going to write? What exactly is it that I'm willing to share with those that matter, with the world? Which part of me am I going to allow them to see? Then I start writing, and I think its too much, or sometimes too little, certain words don't fit, or other words should be used, or sometimes its just not right and i erase it completely... to start all over and then I just close it. That piece remains unwritten, and later on just forgotten. This happened just before I wrote this piece, but I've somehow managed to write this, and I know what I'm willing to share about myself this time. I'm just a girl, a girl in transition to becoming a woman. A girl with needs and wants, and sometimes unsure of how to separate the two to determine which takes priority. I make mistakes - plenty of them, because I'm not perfect, but the truth is I try to be, for those that matter, even if i don't agree with it, I think its unreasonable - I will try to please you and be there if you are important to me. I have feelings, feelings which i can't control sometimes and they get the better of me, feelings when having become extremely intense cannot be hidden and just need to be expressed, feelings that get hurt... so much that keep me up into the wee hours of the night, sometimes makes me cry, feelings that are sometimes too complicated to be verbally expressed and have to be written, feelings that can be irrational at times, but I feel. I try to think through every situation, and come to a conclusion on how to execute my plan so that everything works out - for me and for others. I love and I love strongly, for me to love is one of the greatest feelings in the world that everlasting high, even in the bad times you cant help but love, because it is so overpowering. I have limits, sometimes they may be too high, sometimes they may be too low, sometimes i overlook them because I believe... but I also believe that I shouldnt have to settle for what I don't deserve in life. I have goals and ambitions that I hope to achieve in life. On top of all this I'm still just a girl, a girl who does not wish to be judged, or misjudged, a burden, who does not want to be misinterpreted but instead understood, loved for who I am, and for who I could be
...I'm just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment